Project Management is one of the most popular work roles in the world, since there are Project Managers in almost every industry. Most have been educated and trained in their fields, and then keep themselves up-to-date by actively following influential project management blogs, reports, industry journals, online publications, events, and conferences.
Project Management conferences are an incredible way to enhance your knowledge, learn about new methodologies and tools, keep your certifications updated, and expand your network of peers, influencers, and even vendors. Here are some of the conferences that we think would be worth your while in 2020!
The Technical Project Management Conference
Change Management Conference 2020
2020 Project Management Symposium
University of Maryland
Global Scrum Gathering 2020
New York City
Agile & Beyond
APM Project Management Conference
Project Management in Practice
PMI EMEA Congress
PMI Global Conference 2020
1. The Technical Project Management ConferenceThe Technical Project Management, the conference will cover areas like project management framework and terminology – process groups and the nine knowledge areas of the pmbok, definition of a technical project management environment, life cycles in a technical environment. It exercises to help successfully lead project teams. Learn more here.
2. Change Management Conference 2020 ACMP® Change Management 2020 is the premier, industry-leading conference for the change management discipline, serving as the largest international gathering among novice and seasoned practitioners. This annual three-day event is produced by the Association of Change Management Professionals® and it is the must-attend conference for any change management practitioners or professionals seeking to learn the latest trends, discover innovative tools, and understand how strategically adapting change in a fluctuating business environment can create positive solutions. Learn more here
3. 2020 Project Management Symposium For two days, join project managers from the Baltimore-Washington metro area, and abroad, for DC’s premier project management symposium. Share experiences, make connections, and learn the best project management practices at their seventh annual Project Management Symposium. This conference is said to be the perfect blend between industry, government and academics. And you can earn upto 12 PDUs for attending! Learn more here.
4. Global Scrum Gathering 2020 These gatherings take place two times a year (spring in North America and autumn in the European region). You’ll join presentations and interactive sessions led by experts in the field who inspire with stories of success, current implementation best practices, and creative applications of agile and the Scrum framework. You’ll meet agile-minded people from around the world who share your passion and drive for transforming the world of work. Learn more here.
5. Agile and Beyond Agile & Beyond is a grassroots, volunteer run conference that helps people learn about agile principles and practices. With pre-conference workshops and over 130 conference sessions, there is a wide variety of topics for the agile newbie all the way to the agile expert. Learn more here.
6. APM Project Management Conference At the conference delegates can look forward to discussing topics that really matter to project professionals now and in the future, learning how to invest in themselves and their teams and picking up valuable project management tools from experts in specific areas of project management. Learn more here.
7. PMO Conference The PMO Conference is curated and designed for you, the PMO practitioner. Focused on portfolio, programme, and project offices, this one day conference is all about learning more about your chosen profession. From a full programme of PMO expert speakers, a dedicated PMO exhibition full of PMO products and services, and time to network with new PMO contacts or reconnect with friends and ex-colleagues, the day is 100% PMO focused. Learn more here.
8. Project Management in Practice The focus of this conference this year is on a more holistic, thoughtful, connected, long-term view of projects and their outcomes, with a more enterprise-level program and portfolio flavor. Connect and learn from your peers. You’ll earn 16 PDUs for attending! Learn more here.
9. PMI EMEA Congress As a professional in project management, you need the latest knowledge and skills to realise your potential in a demanding and ever-changing world. EMEA Congress can help. Each year, it brings together hundreds of professionals in project, programme and portfolio management from around the world for three days of cutting-edge education, knowledge-sharing and networking. Learn more here.
10. PMI Global Conference 2020 Global Conference is an annual event for professionals in project management. In just three days, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, share insights, and network with thousands of like-minded professionals globally. Take advantage of your chance to earn up to 18 PDUs to help maintain the certification that you’ve worked for! When you leave, you’ll bring with you the knowledge and skills you can apply as soon as you’re back to work. Learn more here.
Regardless of which conference(s) you decide to attend, having a good project management tool will always be the most important investment in your day-to-day efforts. Choose the right one, and you’ll be saving time, money, and resources. But most of all, you’ll be saving yourself a whole lot of stress! Try a product like Gantter to see if it meets your daily planning and scheduling needs!