2nd March 2020 – Association for Project Management (APM), has announced that entries for its Festival of Education and Research Awards are now open. The event which takes place at the Whitworth Hall at the University of Manchester on Wednesday 21 October 2020 will showcase some of the best and brightest new talents among career starters, education and research. Awards at the event will be made across eight different categories.
The event, which is free to attend, will feature a career fair, giving attendees the chance to meet employers face to face. There will also be opportunities to join in interactive sessions led by academics and project professionals allowing attendees to develop and enhance their skills and capabilities through a series of workshops, followed by the main awards ceremony. The event is aimed at a broad audience, from project management students and career starters to academics and researchers.
Awards for the Festival of Education and Research will be presented in the following eight categories:
1. Project Management Apprentice of the Year – This category aims to recognise excellence in a higher or degree Apprentice undertaking a project management standard within the UK.
2. Project Management Graduate of the Year – This category recognises excellence in achievement for someone who has completed a degree in project management.
3. Project Management Student of the Year – This award will be judged as part of the final of an APM Branch competition.
4. Geoffrey Trimble Award for Project Management Postgraduate of the Year – This award is open to entrants from all sectors involved in Master’s level study. It recognises the best Master’s postgraduate dissertation in a project management related subject submitted for consideration during the year.
5. Herbert Walton Award for Project Management PhD or Doctoral of the Year (including professional doctorates) – This award recognises an excellent PhD thesis in a project management related subject awarded during the year.
6. Research Paper of the Year – This award celebrates nominees who have advanced the theory, knowledge, and practice of project management through a published academic paper in the last calendar year.
7. Developmental Programme of the Year – This category aims to recognise excellence in the delivery and outcomes/benefits of project management developmental programs or schemes. This may include (but is not limited to) graduate schemes, apprenticeship schemes, and career development pathways.
8. Project Management Lecturer of the Year – This award recognises academics whose innovation and passion have transformed a course and inspired students. Entries will be accepted from institutions, academics themselves or their colleagues, but in all cases, the institution must support the submission and student testimonies must be included in the supplementary documentation.
Hilary Trahair, Events Manager at APM said:
“We look forward to welcoming submissions to the awards, each which shine a light on our commitment to celebrating the crucial role of education and research in developing the project profession.”
Hilary Trahair, Events Manager at APM
Award submissions can be made between 2nd March – 4th May 2020. Each award category will be decided individually by a panel of judges, and award finalists will be announced in late June.